Pile foundations for masts of traction power network. From 1995, we have been continually involved in infrastructure projects related to modernization of railway lines. Aarsleff was the pioneer of the precast reinforced concrete pile technology and pile anchors, nowadays widely applied in Poland, used for foundation of elements of traction power network. Reinforced concrete piles are driven with track-going or caterpillar piling rigs equipped with hydraulic hammers with electronically controlled capacity and drop height. Track-going rigs are designed to drive piles underneath the existing traction power network. We also use a special drilling technology to install pile foundations in rock beds. Basing on our rich experience in foundation of traction power network elements, we offer: soil investigation along railway lines, design of electrification piles, delivery of precast piles, or/and installation of piles.
Foundations for engineering constructions. For foundation of engineering constructions (bridges,overpasses, retaining structures, etc.) we use the driven precast reinforced concrete pile technology. Due to high loads and massive nature of railway constructions, precast piles can be safely installed in close proximity to the modernized or newly constructed railway structures. Applications of precast reinforced concrete piles allow for quick and reliable assessment of capacities of the installed piles, which significantly accelerates piling work and the overall construction works. In justified cases, we use CFA piles, FDP piles, steel tubes, I-sections or steel piles, as well as DSM and jet grouting columns. We are highly experienced in design and execution of bridges within communications routes with on-going traffic, using the top&down method and reinforced concrete drilled or steel vibrated, driven or pressed-in steel pile walls designed as intermediate supports for bridges, overpasses and subways.
Foundation and improvement of railway embankments/excavations. We also execute works related to improvement of existing railway embankments or soil under the newly constructed embankments. In case of deep improvement, we use precast reinforced concrete piles capped with reinforced concrete slabs or special precast capping elements, which significantly limits the scope of wet works. In case of shallower improvement, we also use CFA piles, FDP piles, as well as DSM and jet grouting columns. For improvement of railway slopes or embankments or protection of landslides along railway lines, we use all types of pile walls (concrete or steel), bracketed or anchored, as well as permanent ground anchors, anchoring micropiles and/or ground nails.
Support system for excavations adjacent to railway lines. Works at railway lines with ongoing traffic very often require installation of temporary or permanent support systems for deep excavation adjacent to the railway tracks. Aarsleff offers a wide range of technologies which enable us to provide quick and safe support systems made of: pressed-in or/and driven bracketed sheet pile walls, anchored or strutted; driven, vibrated or drilled Berliner walls; all types of drilled pile walls, tangent and secant, in the CFA technology; and reinforced DSM and jet-grouting columns.
Acoustic screens. Supportive structures of acoustic screens erected along railway lines are usually founded on piles. We offer the following types of foundations for acoustic screens:
• driven precast piles fitted with special bolts, allowing quick and easy assembly and modification of the elements of the screen upper structure – recommended for projects where time of completion is crucial as well as easy, multiple substitution and assembly/disassembly of the upper structure;
• driven precast piles with round or rectangular holes for mounting the steel posts of acoustic screens – recommended for acoustic screens erected along railway lines and for projects where time of completion is crucial or the scope of wet works should be significantly limited;
• drilled reinforced concrete piles;
• steel piles – recommended for projects that require future relocation of acoustic screens or possibility of full recycling of the screen structure (incl. foundation) upon its disassembly;
• micropiles – recommended for projects where no other foundations can be installed, e.g. on sites with shallow layers of hard rocks or limited access (e.g. at steep slopes).
We offer installation of piles including delivery of precast elements and performance of load/quality tests. Piling works can be executed with caterpillar rig/pile drivers and in close proximity to railway lines, also by means of track-going rigs.
Foundations for temporary structures. Aarsleff offers execution of cost-effective piled foundations for temporary supports located in low-bearing soils or in rivers and reservoirs. Onshore piling works/ground improvement is executed with caterpillar rigs/pile drivers. For supports in navigable waters, we have special floating platforms, from which all kinds of piles are driven or vibrated (timber, reinforced concrete piles or steel tubes) as well as steel sheet piles designed as supports for artificial islands. In difficult locations (e.g. with limited clearance), we also use hydraulic presses for pressing-in steel sheet piles (e.g. around the existing foundations of bridge supports).
Tests and measurements. Within the performed geotechnical works we also offer all kinds of test and measurements, including:
• soil investigation;
• static and/or dynamic load tests;
• assessment of pile capacities based on sets and dynamic formulas;
• preliminary, utility and acceptance tests of ground anchors;
• monitoring of forces in ground anchors;
• distribution of forces in piles;
• soil pressure measurements;
• pile integrity/quality tests;
• monitoring impact of piling on the environment (vibrations, noise, soil dislocations);
• inclinometer measurements.
Design Office. We also offer design support of experienced designers from our Design Office, who provide professionally prepared calculations as well as detailed, technical and as-build design documentations. The scope of our services is always customized to the real needs of our Client.
We invite you for cooperation.